Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Coffee Shops

Mmmmm....the smell of coffee. :)

I wasn't that much of a coffee fanatic until I started college. While I still prefer tea, coffee is still a legit drink. I like coffee because of the smell and the comforting feeling that comes with it. I don't have a need for it in order to study, pay attention in presentations, function in the morning,...etc. It's more of a sentimental thing for me. My love for tea, however, is a different story - which I'll save for another blog post.

Anyway, since I've been in Austin, TX, I've had a chance to try out some cool coffee places besides just Starbucks and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Here are three lists of the best coffee shops in the U.S.:
1. America's Best Coffee Bars (www.foodandwine.com)
2. America's Best Coffee Shops (www.usatoday.com)
3. America's 10 Best Coffee Shops (www.huffingtonpost.com)

(psssstt....notice how Austin shows up in the first link TWICE :) I love my city)

Most of the places that made these lists are in New York, California, Oregon, or Philadelphia. If you're living in one of those states or plan to visit anytime soon - check out one of these shops and let me know what you think! However, if you're not going anywhere near those states anytime soon, I encourage you to check out some local places in your hometown. It's generally easy if you just search "Best Coffee Shops in *insert city name here*"

Happy coffee-ing! :)

Jewel's Random TidBits - I was wondering how popular Tea Shops or Tea Houses were, so, I did a quick search and found http://www.teamap.com/. Check it out! You can actually map out tea places around the U.S. and internationally!

No comments:

Post a Comment