Monday, June 3, 2013

Namesake

As I was going through my list of possible names for this blog, I came across a very interesting article online. The title reads 'To Cut The Risk Of A High-Fat Meal, Add Spice' and the article can be found here. Published by www.npr.org, the article describes how 'heavily spiced' foods can lower your risk for sicknesses such as heart disease and diabetes. The specific spices mentioned are tumeric, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, rosemary, paprika, garlic, and oregano. From personal experience I can tell you that those spices go a long way to improve your dish's taste! Another common health concern is having too much salt in a regular diet. Well, I'm neither a doctor nor a professional chef, but I'm telling you that using these spices will help to eliminate your need to add extra salt to your food and therefore reduce your risk for hypertension and high blood pressure.

Delicious dishes should be heavily spiced, not heavily salted.

Now bear in mind, I came up with this blog's name BEFORE I found this article. I was so pleased to find it and read about things my parents have been telling me about since I was born! This is why I feel that 'Heavily Spiced' is the perfect name for this blog! It describes me and the topics I plan to blog about so well. There really is nothing mundane and normal about me. No explanation would suffice - you're just going to have to read and see!

Jewel's Random TidBits - 'Namesake' - the title of this post is also the title of one of my favorite movies, 'The Namesake', directed by Mira Nair and released in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment